Sunday, September 2, 2007

A-Z of me

W is for Waffles

We love waffles! The other day on tv some organizing lady was talking about gadgets and how you should get rid of all your waffle irons/Foreman grills/bread machines/ice cream makers/etc. Crazy lady! I actually use those things! I mean, not that we make waffles EVERY weekend but we enjoy waffles enough that I don't mind storing the waffle iron. Sheesh! And yes, the bread machine is gigantic but I am not ashamed to admit that yeast bread is one of the few things I am terrible at in the kitchen. I do all my bread/rolls in there, even if I finished them off by hand with one last knead and rise. I just can't ever get my bread/rolls to rise as well on my own. So back to waffles! Mike invented waffle toast, which is french toast cooked in the waffle iron. Delicious! Speaking of waffle toast, I might make some of that tomorrow! Yum!

1 comment:

  1. When I watch those clean-up-your-house shows, I am always annoyed with the hosts who get pretty heavy-handed as they coerce the homeowner/victim into selling grandma's hope chest for $15.00. It's not hard to believe that many bitter tears of remorse are shed after the camera crew goes home.

    ReplyDelete