Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Fall Into Autumn Topic of the Week

This week's topic is about knitting preferences.

When you knit or crochet dishclothes, washclothes or face clothes, what do you use? What size needle or hook? Wood? what type? Metal? Plastic? A specific Brand? Why do you love that needle or hook so much? Is there one you are dying to try? Is there a particular yarn you love and use all the time for clothes? What is so special about it?

Simply stated, I use whatever the pattern tells me. I use the yarn they say and the size needle or hook they say. I have seen what veering off the path can result in and it's a waste of my money and effort to produce something "creative" that turns out to look terrible. As far as wood/plastic/bamboo needles, I prefer the plastic "baleen" needles with a good pointy tip. I dislike wood for working on anything but socks and other double-pointed projects and I dislike metal because I hold my needle like I hold my pencil-very firmly and incorrectly so that it presses into my right ring finger near the nail.

No comments:

Post a Comment