Sunday, September 2, 2007

Fall Into Autumn Dishcloth Swap Questionnaire

1. Do you knit or crochet? How long have you been doing it?

I am bi-craftular, I do both! I've been crocheting for about 8 years and knitting for about 7.

2. Have you made dischloths before? Do you use them yourself, give them as gifts, or both?

Yes, I love dishcloths! They're so fast and there are so many different patterns! I use them and give them as gifts along with soaps, bath beads, etc.

3. What's your favorite cotton to make cloths from? What cotton would you like to try that you haven't before ?

I usually use Peaches and Cream/Sugar and Cream because you can almost always find it on sale somewhere. But I also like cotton chenille and for this swap I've purchased some more upscale cotton yarn that is exceedingly soft!

4. If you knit, do you prefer circular or straight needles? For all, do you prefer wooden, metal, or plastic needles?

Well, I use whatever the pattern tells me to, I'm not much for improvising. I like plastic with really pointy tips!

5. What are your favorite colors? Any colors you don't like much?

I love reds, pinks and oranges. But for the bathroom I like blues and greens too. And purple! I like to use variegated yarns.

6. What do you like best about Autumn?

I like bundling up! And drinking warm drinks. Don't get me wrong, I like to be outside but I also love when it gets too cold to stay out very long because it's so cozy to come back inside and be warm!

7. Pies: Pumpkin? Apple? Pecan? All of em? or No Thanks!

All pies! Any pies! I love to make pie and eat pie! If I had to choose from those three, I would pick apple because it goes so well with cheddar cheese AND with ice cream.

8. When you were a kid, were you the one who couldn't wait to get started with school , or the one who overslept on the 1st day?

I was always very nervous about school starting. I always over planned and checked and rechecked my supply list, picked out my outfit and really scrutinized it.

9. Do you celebrate Halloween? (The real key here guys is especially knowing if you have an aversion to the holiday or little goodies/decorations associated with it, given the timeframe of the swap)

Yes! I love to dress up and we have a big Halloween party at work! I love vintage-feel Halloween items.

10. If you had to choose just 3 edible 'goodies' to eat for a full year, what 3 would you choose?

Cupcakes, string cheese and Fuji apples.

11. Do you have any pets? Kids? Husbands who seem like kids?

One corgi, one cat and one goldfish. No kids. One husband but he isn't any more or less like a child then I am. :)

12. If you were to describe a particular yarn that shares traits of your personality, what would it be and why?

I would like to think I am like a good multipurpose worsted weight superwash wool. Steady, reliable, washable, durable and cozy.

13. Do you use your cloths mostly for dishcloths, or as facecloths?

Dishcloths/dusting rags/mop-up-the-counter cloths. My dishrags get use and abused but they make me smile while I'm doing yucky work. But if I got a fancy-pants cloth, I might use it in the bath.

14. Favorite Fall Holiday: Halloween or Thanksgiving and why? (Feel free to share another fall memory if you do not celebrate either of these holidays)

Halloween! I have the best memories of Halloween and even now, even though I can't Trick Or Treat and we don't get any Trick or Treaters where we live, I can feel Halloween mischief in the air!

15. Do you have any allergies or aversions your pal should know about?

None.

2 comments:

  1. Just wanted to stop and say hi before the swap starts. I'm pretty excited about the "Fall into Autumn" Dishcloth Swap!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this time of year - and I really like your "A to Z of me" posts! They're great for getting to know you! Thanks for getting this up :)

    ReplyDelete