Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Free weekends

I have taken birth control pills for nearly 1/3 of my life. But I just realized this year that I could arrange my pill start date so that I did not have my period on the weekend every month. That's awesome! That's an extra 12 weekends! It's also kind of sad that it took me so long to figure it out. Which makes me think that way back in the day when the student health center pharmacist asked me why I started my pills on Tuesday, maybe he was trying to get me to think a little deeper about just what that would mean. Thanks for not being explicit, pharmacist! I need things spelled out for me!

1 comment:

  1. After the birth of my second child I had these really bad head aches that my doctor said were probably hormonal so she suggested I take Seasonal birth control~
    now I only get my period 4 times a year. I get headaches less often and it is great not getting my period every month.