Sunday, September 2, 2007

Pleasant surprise

The other day I overheard some ladies talking about puppies and how cute they were . "Oh, I know, did you see the one on the top? It looked like a puffball!" "I did see that one, but I liked the brown and white one, it had freckles!" Etcetera, etcetera. I thought for sure they were talking about puppies they had seen in the new petstore in town that, sadly and upsettingly, sells puppies. They continued on and off all day and while I would never say anything to them, I was getting quite upset because one of them was actively looking for a puppy and I thought sure she had decided on one from the store. She talked about calling them and asking more questions about it.

I was so relived when, at the end of the day, a new person joined the conversation and they explained they were oohing and ahhing over all the puppies on PetFinder. :) Hooray for adoption!

No comments:

Post a Comment