Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Fall into Autumn Weekly Topic


Pumpkins!
Originally uploaded by Corgipants
This week's topic is:
Autumn has now officially begun here in the States!! What is your favorite thing about Autumn/Fall? Why?

I really do LOVE fall! But my favorite thing would have to be the colors.
I love fall colors and now is when we start seeing them not only in
nature but also in seasonal decorations and also in other areas of
shopping like sheets and dishware and clothing! My outfit today for
example is brown corduroys, an orange and brown print top and a tan cable cardigan sweater. I've switched our tablecloth out to an orange and white floral print, harvested the first pumpkins (seen here!) and will soon be putting the red slipcovers on the furniture for the fall and winter months. All those lovely, warm colors!

2 comments:

  1. Love your punkins and tablecloth too! How Autumnal. Are those the Martha mix pumpkins? Our pumpkins always rot, and I don't know what they're doing wrong and I'm too lazy to research. :) Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I love fall! Actually, the seeds for these pumpkins come from years of picking up neat pumpkins that I like at grocery stores and farmer's markets and then drying and planting the seeds from them each year. So I have no idea what kinds they are but oh well! This year mine are being attacked by squirrels and a few do rot every year (usually happens when the blossoms are still attached and you get a heavy rain) so it's not your fault! My mom has the biggest trouble with squash bugs but I've never had trouble with squash bugs here in town. Although they don't ANY squirrels out on the farm so I know which I'd rather choose from pumpkin-growing!

    ReplyDelete