Thursday, September 6, 2007

Dog show Days of Summer

covered up
Originally uploaded by Corgipants
I am so mellow right now from Yoga tonight. I need to keep this mellow groove until Saturday for our first dog show of the season. I tend to get really antsy, nervous and over think everything before a dog show. But when it's all over, I remember that it's only a dog show, no one will die, no one will make a life-altering decision or face some terrific challenge. It's supposed to be fun and relaxing, it's my own free time, no one is forcing me to go. And I do enjoy it, mostly, except for those couple of days beforehand when I dream up every possible terrible thing that could happen and play them through my mind. So this time I'm trying not to do that. Sully is a great dog, we have worked hard and come a long way. We practice all we can but if something goes wrong in the ring, it goes wrong and it doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things. As long as I still have a great dog afterwards, maybe we learn something new, maybe we get a ribbon, maybe we don't, it shouldn't really make a difference. He doesn't care, I can tell you that. Saturday night, after our classes are over, he'll still want dinner and a walk and he'll still zonk out on the sofa and his mind won't be cluttered with should haves and would haves. To keep this mellow mood, here is a picture of a sleepy, snuggled Sully.


  1. Good luck at the show, and have fun! Enjoyed your previous post--I'm a yoga myself :o) Happy Weekend to you!

  2. Good luck, it sounds like so much fun!

  3. I think I'd be anxious too -- keep thinking happy thoughts.

  4. Good luck to you and Sully! Sounds like a fun way to spend a week end.