Friday, August 10, 2007

A-Z of me

I is for Inches

I am 70 inches tall. Don't worry, I've done the math for you-5'10". Or 1.778 meters. 6 inches above the national average woman. 3.5 inches taller than the average Miss America winner. 1 inch taller then the average American male. I'm fairly tall. But I actually never realized it as a kid. This is because I was also fat and more kids make fun of you for being fat than for being tall so I always saw myself as fat, not tall. My husband is the exact same height as me but we have completely different body types. I have long legs and a short torso and he is the opposite. Long legs make it hard to find a partner to walk in 5Ks with you because you are either going really slow with them or you leave them halfway to go your actual speed. But long legs are awesome for horseback riding and yoga. It makes buying pants hard. (I almost always have to hem my pants unless they are extra long like some jeans are now a days.) But you can also wear normal-length pants as capris if you simply MUST buy them because they are pink and have gingham inside the cuffs!

1 comment:

  1. I feel your pain…I'm 5'10" too. Though my legs don't seem to be as long as yours. I haven't encountered a pair of normal length pants that could pass as capris. They just look like floods on me. Especially noticeable when I sit down.

    Your stats are interesting. I never really thought of myself being that much taller than average.

    ReplyDelete