Sunday, August 5, 2007

A-Z of me

E is for Email
I will tell you an embarrassing story now. Embarrassing like ripping the crotch of my sweat pants in 2nd grade. Embarrassing like not knowing how to fill out a traveler's check in high school on a trip and having to go back the next day and SIGN each one I had paid for something with. Embarrassing like when your mule poops in the ring during a show. But worse, because this story is about work!

My work email was taking forever to delete emails! I mean 20-30 seconds EACH. So I wrote to the appropriate people who sent down a nice guy to install the latest email program. But it didn't help so I wrote again. Again the nice guy came down, this time he emptied my trash and fixed the problem. I told him he really should have just called and yelled at me and told me what to do and not to waste their time but he's too nice a guy for that. So now I feel like a complete boob. I guess I'm just not as computer-y as I think I am.

Now that I see people are doing such fun swaps on Ravelry, I'm getting antsy and checking their antsy checker every day or so. Only 597 people in front of me!! Surely it can't be long now! :)


  1. Lucky you! I still have 2000 people in front of me in the Ravelry line.

    I, too, was going to tell an embarassing work story for E, but decided not only was it way too embarassing, but sharing too much info that my readers do not care to know.

  2. This comment has been removed by the author.