Thursday, August 2, 2007

A is for Arms

Another lovely idea from another lovely blogger, Bella Dia. For the month of August, she is typing up a post each day to correspond with a letter of the alphabet. And she's invited us to join along. I am one day late so I will be doing A and B today.

A is for Arms
If I won the lottery, the first thing I would do is see a doctor about having my arms done. I have hideous upper arm flab. And now it hangs down more like saggy old-lady skin than just being chubby baby-arms. When I look at my arms, I see two different people. On top, a strong bicep, muscular and firm. And then underneath, a remnant of who I used to be, stretch marks and saggy flesh. I'd love to wear sleeveless shirts at the gym or a cute sleeveless summer dress! My arms are strong and useful but I can't say I am very happy with them.

B is for Books
I am very much a non-fiction girls these days. I can sit with a book of lovely pictures of craft projects for hours. I have LOTS and I borrow a lot from the library. But on occasion I just want to lounge in bed and read a book and drink cocoa. But I don't want to start a new book every time I get this whim because it only happens maybe once a month. For this purpose I keep around a pile of books that I am constantly in the process of reading. When I finish them, they stay in the stack and I start them all over again. They are familiar and safe. Not very daring of me, is it? And I'm sure not what a lot of readers would enjoy, always reading the same pages, but it makes me comfortable to tuck in with a book I could practically read with my eyes closed. My bedside list consists of:
The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde
Anne Frank: The Diary of a Young Girl by Anne Frank
Brave New World by Aldous Huxley
Sybil by Flora Rheta Schreiber
The Hallmark Book of Holidays (a non-fiction book, I know, but I love turning to the month that it happens to be and reading about the traditions that belong to each holiday)
1984 by George Orwell
The Portrait of a Lady by Henry James

No comments:

Post a Comment