Thursday, October 9, 2008

Friday Flea Market

I used to love to look at Holly Doodle's Flea Market posts where she would post her recent finds up for sale! She now just puts those items in her shop but still fun to go look around. So I've decided to try out participating in the Friday Flea Market! I have a couple of collections of things I have been meaning to sell so each Friday for the next couple of weeks will have a theme. If you're interested in anything shown below, email or leave a comment.
Today's theme is:
Vintage Doll Clothes
I think these would be really fun hanging up on a clothesline with little clothes pegs in a kid's room or a crafty studio area! Or I have also seen some really neat arrangements of framed doll clothes. These are all well-played-with and most have stains, rips, missing buttons and such, which happens when you love your dolls enough to change their clothes for every meal! I purchased these from an older woman who had just moved into town after living in the country all her life. They are mostly handmade with a few commercial pieces. All have been washed and stored in a smoke-free home.

*SOLD* The white collection includes a white dress with lace, a pink dress with lace, ruffly pink bonnet, flannel diaper and one lone flannel mitten. (The tiny thumb gets me every time, it's so darn cute!)

The Mary collection includes a pink and blue print dress (very cute little girls and lambs print), a long white dress, a short white dress with lace and hand-embroidered blue flowers and a white bonnet with lace edging. $8 plus shipping

The pink collection includes a pink puff-sleeved dress and lace collar, purple ruffly bonnet, too-cute flannel jacket/shirt, large pink bonnet and store-bought tie-on long sleeve shirt. $9

And to keep the baby dolls warm at night, we have two blankets!

Do you know what this is? It's a Esmond Bunny Blanket. In a book given out free to children by Esmond Mills, a bunny looses his coat of hair and mommy bunny gets him a blanket from Esmond Mills to keep him warm. The book contains the line “Tell your mother that if she would like to find blankets just as cozy as Bunny’s, all she needs to do is to insist on Esmonds.” This blanket measures 12" x 10". $11 plus shiping

This crazy patch quilt is WORN with love. The piecing is all done by hand, binding by machine. Some patches are dientegrating, the faded backing is a charming large polka dot print, besides the decorative stitches around each patch there is embroidery in a couple of places (a nice butterfly for example), most stitching is visible on the backing as well. I would say this is most likely a child's first quilt. $14 plus shipping

To visit all the other participants this week, click here.

And if you've got a My Friend doll who would love some vintage outfits that fit her to a T, I have two etsy listings for super-cute outfits complete with accessories!

Strawberry Shortcake

and Pancake Breakfast


  1. Cute old doll stuff. My mom would just go nuts! Blessings... Polly

  2. Very interesting tidbit about the Esmond blankies, Jenna!

  3. Ohhhh, those doll clothes are wonderfull! I wish I could have them all!

  4. Hi Jenna- I love your blog! Thanks for stopping by mine. Your corgi is so handsome, and your crafts are super! :-)

  5. Hi Jenna! Thanks for stopping by Blog Around the World. I have linked up both of your blogs. Check in daily to see where in the world we are headed next!

  6. I wish I had a job. I love the bunny blanket.