Thursday, August 14, 2008

Packbaskets!


After seeing Martha's packbasket on the Martha Blog, I officially need one! What would I do with it? I envision myself taking the dog on walks with the packbasket in tow to pick up litter. Or perfect for toting garage sale treasures! Flea markets! Strap on the basket! I've never really been into Adirondack style anything so I'm not sure what's drawing my to these baskets.

They're kind of pricey so I am tempted to buy this kit and make my own so I could use non-leather and a prettier color scheme. But like I don't have enough going on!

Wow, looking through that website really inspires me! Must resist urge to take up new hobby! Maybe I can settle on making this library tote!

2 comments:

  1. You'd be suprised how easy it is to make a basket. If I was in the advice-giving business, I'd tell you to try a smaller kit first. I really think it's a lot of fun to do. Go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jenna :) I have a few ideas for the fabric, but I've got to order more. I only ordered a swatch just to see how it would turn out. I'll let you know as soon as I'm sure! Love the basket idea by the way. And your 'make do's' idea...very clever. Like Girl Scouts for grown ups. Maybe when I catch up on all of my projects.....
    Ta ta for now, Cat ^..^

    ReplyDelete