Thursday, September 4, 2008

Mmmm, bread!


On Saturday, we made bread. I am NOT a bread baker, no matter how well I follow the directions or how many times I try, something always fails. Except with this recipe.

It is the Challah from Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day. This book has been talked about to no end online and it is really neat. Now, I'm going to let you in on a little secret. If you go to the amazon reader page for this book, and search for Challah, you can get the recipe for free! The same goes for any other recipe that you'd like, maybe the Blueberry Lemon Curd Ring or the Onion Rye. Find a recipe in the index that you'd like to try, look for it using the search function and there you have it! Now, you won't be able to copy and paste so having a laptop comes in handy so that you can read it online while you bake.

We made a whole recipe which makes several loaves. We made it into one loaf on Saturday and another loaf and a batch of cinnamon rolls later on.

4 comments:

  1. I really enjoy your blog, and would love to give you an award. Please stop by my blog and pick it up.

    Thanks for all your work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi -

    Thanks for the kind words about my blog and the plates. I checked out your blog for the first time today and read all kinds of amazing things. LOVE it.

    Your blog is now in my reader and on my sidebar. I don't dare miss a post.
    Thanks! :o)
    -Pam Hawk

    ReplyDelete
  3. That bread looks really good. Can we do a bread swap? Thanks for the tip about Amazon!

    ReplyDelete