Tuesday, February 26, 2008


No, not Vacation Bible School Stories, though I do have quite a few of those having attended a variety of different church's programs throughout the years.
No, VBSS stand for

This weekend was a very productive weekend and made me feel like I am just about done with the little projects that needed doing to make this house a functional home. This post, in the style of Bossy will illustrate just how productive we were!

First off, we made a trip to Home Depot and picked up a new tank float assembly to fix the toilet in the big bathroom. Which you had to open the lid to and manually lift to get it to shut off. Now it's got the new-fangled donut-shaped float and works like a dream! I love you big bathroom toilet!

Mike ordered a table from Target to serve as a computer desk in his office. We put it together and it looks great. But here's a little note for him-this table and chair combo is not a functional desk space, the table is TOO HIGH, the chair is TOO LOW.

Then I added knobs to the laundry room cabinet drawers. Knobs that I've had for over a year that I picked up free from a coworker and kept around "just in case" which led my husband to ponder who has a bag of brass knobs hanging around "just in case"? Me. And look how handy they came in! Why didn't these drawers have knobs? I have no idea!

I ordered a collar kit and extra hardware from Creative Design Works last week and over the weekend I tried it out and made Sully a new spring collar. I loved the kit, the instruction were easy to follow (for the most part) and the hardware is high quality! Mike says Sully just needs a big bow and he would look like an Easter decoration.

I also did laundry and dusted and swept per my lessons at The Helpful Housewife. I'm taking Housekeeping 101 in hopes of keeping this house nice and tidy!

As a last minute project, I removed the last of the wallpaper borders. Borders were only left in the two bathrooms so I got out my gel wallpaper remover that had been so helpful in the other rooms and set to work. Goodbye lacy flowers. Goodbye rose bouquets!


  1. Your picture comments cracked me up!

  2. Wow, you got quite a bit done. I love weekends where so much gets done.

  3. Wow! I love doing stuff around the house that makes you feel like it's more yours! :) Thank you for posting on my blog and your ideas. I agree completely! Thank you for taking the time to visit. I hope you have a great week... Is it Friday Yet?

  4. Woah, you did get a lot done! I love when that happens. Oh, and that wall paper definitely had to go! :)

  5. Three things:

    1. You've got long legs, I have a long torso. Finally you're on the short end! Think of how I feel whenever we go on walks! We could buy a wireless keyboard/mouse if you want them lower, but no keyboard drawer!

    2. I said Sully looks like he's missing a bow on a Bow-tie (meaning he looked dorky), not an easter decoration (meaning he looked cute and wholesome). This was meant as a knock on the polka dot pattern. :)

    3. Sans serif fonts if they're going to be so small!

    3a. That border had character! Character I tell you!

  6. Oooh, that collar kit looks fantastic! I'll have to check it out!