Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Thank you, everyone


A BIG thank you to everyone for your support and caring comments on the loss of Roswita. I was so overwhelmed and comforted by all the stories of pet fish that were truly cared for and loved. On the same sad day, my mom had to put one of her little rescue pups down. Skeeter was a miniature poodle that came to mom with a broken jaw (an old wound) and was so malnourished the bone was basically mush. After what seemed like months in a wire and plastic brace screwed to his face, he lived out the rest of his life with half a bottom jaw and no teeth. He thought he was tough though, his growl was still fierce! Skeeter was one of my mom's many forever-fosters, dogs that come in through rescue but it becomes obvious they can never leave due to medical problems, mental problems (a yorkie she has now is completely senile) or incurable lack of social skills. My mom is such a caring person, she gives feeds them, cleans them and provides them the best life they've ever known for the rest of their natural life. I'm so grateful to have her as my mom!

I also want to send out a great big thanks to Lydia at Drop In & Decorate who is a superb person! And she interviewed me over at the DI&D blog! I hope it inspires at least one person to host an event, decorating cookies is fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment