Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Goodbye 2007

2007 ornament
Originally uploaded by Corgipants
Happy 2008! My goal for today (one day at a time!) is to get Christmas taken down. This is the Christmas ornament I finished shortly before Christmas, just in the nick of time. And now I have to take it down!

But I do get to leave some decorations up! I leave the red and white lights up around the window, replace the lit snowflakes with hearts and viola, it's Valentine's Day! Our anniversary is shortly after Valentine's Day (not planned, that's just the day the court house gave us) so we celebrate a week long event called Valentersary. This year I bought tickets to the Valentine's Day Symphony! Should be fun!

Over at the SwapDex, Valentine's Day swaps have been rolling in. I think people are winding down from all those Christmas swaps and are jonesing for a new swap to get started on. I wish I could participate in them all but I am really trying to limit myself in accordance with our new frugal plan, aka operation don't spend every single penny of your disposable income. So swaps are on a limited budget and dog shows are also being quite reduced this year. Which is fine with me, I was trained from an early age to make do with what your have (and to be subordinate but that doesn't really apply here since I'm the one forcing the frugality!).


  1. Happy New Year to you Jenna! Hope 2008 is the best year yet!

    Love the pretty ornament. Is that cross stitched? Is it on paper or cloth? Very nice.

  2. Happy New Year to you too! Yes, it's cross stitched. I do a cross stitch ornament every year, this is my ninth one! It's on plastic, the kind that comes with the kits. I've done them on paper though too, and some on fabric that are then framed with little frames to hang on the tree. I like variety!