Tuesday, January 8, 2008

2008 Plans

I didn't make any resolutions but I've got some big plans for 2008! Grand plans!

Buy a house-We are well on our way, with the inspection tomorrow afternoon. Cross your fingers and hope it goes much better then the last time we went through this process. If all goes well, I will post a few pictures of the new place tomorrow!

Make friendly with new neighbors-Our neighborhood now is not very outgoing. I want to really try and meet the neighbors at the new place and get to know people a little more than we do around here. It's not as if we don't get along with the neighbors here, we don't even have a baseline knowledge of them.

Have a sleepover-I'd like to finally have that girl's craft night I brought up with the craft group over a year ago. With sleeping bags and ice cream and lots of time to craft our hearts out!

Use my crockpot more-I feel like I don't get the full use out of my crockpot since I don't eat meat and crockpot cooking is generally meat-based. So this year I'd like to focus on learning knew recipes to help me use it at least once a week.

Host a blogoversary event-I will have had this blog 1 year in July so I'd like to have some sort of giveaway/blog party/shindig to celebrate!

Host another Drop In & Decorate event-Probably at work but maybe at my house, not sure.

Finish a sock-I started a knitted sock way over a year ago and I'd like to finish it! Maybe not the pair but at least one sock!

Get my wedding band resized-I don't know why I put this off. After loosing around 50 pounds, my wedding ring slides off my finger about once a day.

Some of these things will knock a couple of items off my 43 Things list. I've never had 43 things on my 43 things list, how many do you have?


  1. Your loving husbandJanuary 9, 2008 at 2:47 AM

    Dude! Don't jinx the ouse-hay!

  2. 4 things:
    1. my mom and her sewing group rent a lodge (girls scout lodge, retreat lodge, etc) twice a year and have a weekend sewing sleepover. Crafting and sewing ALL day and ALL night! It sounds like fabulous fun and I am DYING to go with her. You should totally host one!
    2. I just bought ingredients to make a vegetarian chili in my crockpot. I got a big old slow cooker cookbook for Christmas and have resoluted to use it more also. I'll let you know how it turns out!
    3. I have also resoluted to make a sock! I've had the needles and yarn for months now!
    4. Happy 2008!

  3. 50 lbs!!?? How did you do it??

  4. I go to the gym 2-3 times a week and walk the dog twice a day! The majority of the weight also fell off when I tried to cut back on sweets but I am back on the sweets wagon! Really, adding exercise is the only thing I have done and I've learned to LOVE it! I feel so energized!

  5. Since I need to get back to vegan, (for arthritis reasons) I will be looking back to see what you do with that crockpot. I hate having to do a lot of prep work and cooking when I am really just ready to EAT my dinner.