Friday, December 12, 2008

The Barter Bunch

I love to barter! Online or in "real life", I love exchanging goods and services for things that would normally cost me cold hard cash. I'd rather save that for mortgage payments and groceries. Strangely they won't accept my home made dog biscuits in exchange for a month's car insurance either. But maybe you will! I'd love to barter with you! If you do any of the crafts that I don't/can't and would like something that I do make, let me know! And I encourage you to sign for the Barter Bunch, and post a list on your own blog, complete with the Barter Bunch badge. Offer up some of your specialties in exchange for someone else's hand crafted lovelies. I'm open to swaportunities with a due date after Christmas.

What I Can Do:

*Sew-clothing, toys, handbags, I have lots of vintage patterns and a big fabric stash! Most recent projects include recycled wool sweaters into the cutest mittens, fancy dish gloves with oil cloth ruffle, pillowcase pinnies and black forest scoodies (of course!) Felt foods also a specialty.

*Quilt-free-motion quilting, foundation piecing, yo-yo's

*Knit-hats, shawls, scarves, can incorporate beads, NO SOCKS

*Crochet-yarn and thread, doilies, amigurimi, hats, scarves, bags, jewelry, play food

*Handmade dog collars/leashes

*Home baked dog treats in LOTS of flavors like peanut butter/banana, cinnamon cranberry, and sweet potato

*Cross stitch/embroidery

*Miniature polymer clay food (great for dollies or I can make jewelry out of it for you)


What I would like in return:

*Soap-cold process vegetarian soaps, fun colorful melt and pour soaps

*Other body products like lib balm, lotion, sugar scrub, etc. all vegetarian please

*Glass-lampwork beads, fused glass jewelry, blown glass, shiny and colorful!

*Ceramics/pottery, I love porcelain/ceramic jewelry and simple bowls/vases

*Knit socks

*Resin jewelry

*Scented candles- in tasty food smells like chocolate, cinnamon buns and sugar cookies

*Gooco/printed stationary and notecards

*Tatting

*Your own quilting (table runner, wall hanging, coasters, etc.) and aprons. I can't get enough!


How it works:

1. Post your own list of what you can make and what you would like in exchange on your blog.

2. Sign up via Mr. Linky, linking to THAT post so that we can find it easily.

3. Once you post your list, other bloggers can contact you and offer up barter proposals. You and that person arrange the swap terms including deadlines and monetary values.

4. To find others who make things you might want, you can check out each of the members who sign up via Mr. Linky.

5. No pressure, if someone offers you something you don't really need/want/have use for, politely turn them down or offer up a different idea for what you think would be a good barter.

2 comments:

  1. What a lovely idea, Jenna! It is snowing here like mad. Have a happy weekend! xo Cat ^..^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for setting this up Jenna, I love the idea! You can catch an idea of some of the things that I am happy to make and trade over on my blog. I've tagged the post with the Barter Bunch if anyone has difficulty finding it!

    ReplyDelete