Wednesday, December 5, 2007

House Update

We did it, we bought the house. Our inspection is tomorrow so barring anything terribly wrong with the wiring or foundation or something like that, we will close at the end of the month! Then the real work begins! Choosing flooring, paint colors, trim, cabinet hardware and all those fun things!

This weekend is my annual cookie exchange. I think the group will be pretty small this year, everyone seems to be out of town this weekend. But small is good, it means less food to make and less chairs to pull out and less stress! I wasn't really in the holiday mood and wasn't really sure if I'd get the house decorated in time for Saturday but last night I put up Christmas lights and watched Elf and it really perked my Christmas spirit! So tonight is wrapping presents and putting up the tree! Cocoa, here I come!

5 comments:

  1. Wow, congratulations on the house!!! That is so exciting!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray! New territory to be sniffed and conquered by one Sully and one Red!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh, isn't house hunting kinda fun!? Congrats! I hope you'll post some before and after pictures of all the upgrades you do. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your very first home! I hope we get to see pictures of it as you spiff it up and make it your own.

    ReplyDelete
  5. CONGRATS!! That's wonderful - what a lovely present for the holidays =)

    ReplyDelete