Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Back after a harrowing few weeks

I have been away from the blog for a few days (ok, more than a few). But my, do I have stories now!

I was in a car accident a week or so ago. My cute (new!) Yaris was rear ended by a large truck and was totaled, but luckily both the driver of the truck and I were fine. While his insurance was very nice to deal with mostly, it was a headache having to call so many people (his insurance, the repair place, our insurance, car dealer) and the stress of only having one car for a week. I wanted a new Yaris just like my old one so that it is just like it never happened and that's exactly what I got. Except that my old one (if you can call 6 months old) was a 2007 and my new on is a 2008! It all worked out, I got cookies at the car dealer just like last time, there are a few new features on the 2008 and I am just so thankful I wasn't injured.

The inspection on the house turned up some more serious issues that the seller was not willing to deal with so we ended up walking away. We are back to square one but have some prospects that we are going to go tour this weekend. Everything was just piling up with the fixer-upper, too much fixing-up and not enough redeeming qualities. That was also a headache though, arranging all the estimates, batting figures back and fourth with the seller and finally coming to a decision to say goodbye.

My cookie exchange got ice-stormed on but a few people still showed up! We had all kinds of cookies, chocolate crinkles, peanut butter blossoms with kisses on them (classic!), soft ginger cookies, triple chocolate chunk cookies, Russian tea cakes, chocolate chip bars and rice kripsy treats! At least, those are the ones I can remember!


  1. Oh man! I was wondering why we hadn't heard anything from you in a while. My blog is lonely! :)

    I can't believe they ended up getting you a new car! That's awesome! That's definitely the only good thing that could have possibly come out of that situation. I'm glad no one was hurt.

    I'm sorry to hear about your house deal falling through. It just means you were meant to get a better place. ;)

  2. Hi Jenna - know i'm late (haven't been reading my blogs) and i'm so sorry to hear about your accident, the house and everything!

    I'm glad you were able to get a new car, though, and you will prevail on the house eventually! Jeff and I just had to say goodbye to a house for similar reasons. Disappointing, but I know it's not the only house, and with a little luck the right one will appear.

    Hope you've been having a nice holiday nevertheless, and happy new year!