Sunday, July 29, 2007

Sink or Swim

This summer, I am taking swim lessons. Adult swim lessons. In a group, which I thought was going to be really intimidating but it's actually really nice to have others in the same situation cheering you on.

I am not afraid of water, I just didn't know the correct strokes and form, breathing, etc. (I failed swim lessons at the YMCA when I was 9, mainly because I was a chatty kathy and didn't pay attention.) I wanted to learn swimming so I can add another exercise option for the summer.

After a childhood of hating gym/sports because I was overweight, I now love being active! Thanks to my husband, I grew more comfortable with myself and started going to the gym. I love group classes and take Yoga, Zumba, and aerobics. But I thought swimming would be a good change of pace and it might be nice to get out of the gym once in a while. Especially since my left knee has been bothering me and my mom has had both knees replaced due to arthritis. I know what's coming. In the past three years, I've managed steady weight loss simply by doing what I enjoy. Hopefully that will help keep the creaks away for a bit longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment