Saturday, July 28, 2007

Road Trip-Effingham

We enjoy going on little day trips to nearby towns. Today we decided to venture out to Effingham to check out a flea market. The flea market was bizarre. It was in a mini storage-type building and each vendor rented out a "garage" in which to keep and display their items. There was a LOT of cheap Big-Lots type figurines, several booths with tools (you know, the old rusty hang-on-the-wall kind, not the useful kind) and in general, a TON of junk. But there was one booth that had a WALL of pyrex in every color and pattern imaginable! If I hadn't just gotten some vintage pieces for my birthday, I would have been more tempted to buy some. I did buy a turkey planter for my turkey collection, a couple of Little Golden books (to cut up for the pictures to make greeting cards) and some awesome fabric covered boxes shaped like books. They are going to be my new stationary station! I need a new place to keep all the stickers, cards and paper and these can also function as a portable writing desk when closed up!

No comments:

Post a Comment