Tuesday, March 4, 2008


I've been crafting a bit lately. These are three cards, each for a different card challenge going on right now.
This first one if for Kim's sketch challenge. I got some embossing powders from my mom and am sort of addicted to them!
This next one is for Nikki's blog candy challenge to use something you have in your stash that you don't like. For me, it's these kind of creepy crayons. I got the stamped images in a stamped image swap on PaperCraftsMag and their faces creep me out! I tried to perk them up with some embossing! The inside says "When I see you smile". And this one is for Enfys' challenge to use black and white along with one accent color. Of course my color is pink! This is sort of a late Valentine's card that will wait until next year. Yet more embossing!
And at the sewing machine, I created a prototype for a pattern I am working on. I am calling it the Gretel hood. It's a hood with scarf ends attached to each side and it's got a Black Forest red-riding-hood vibe going on with it's pointy hood and ribbon accent. It needs reworked though but for a first draft, it's pretty nice. Warm too!


  1. All three cards are lovely, but of course my fave is the one for my challenge. Like the way you've mixed the checks and stripes, as for the pink - wow. Thank you so much for joining in, good luck in the draw x

    That hood is pretty cool too, looks like something from medieval times, but funky. I can see these catching on.

  2. Love all your cards. Of course, my favourite is the one you did with my challenge. ;) Thanks for trying my sketch! I'll put your name in the hat for the blog candy.

  3. Yeah, now that I look at the picture of the hood, it reminds me a little of Orco from He-man.

  4. Orko had a hat! and a 'K', not a 'C'. I can really see the scoodies catching on, seems like something that could be sold as "urban" to suburbanites