Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Service

This winter I have challenged myself to do more service projects than I did last winter. Throughout school, 4-H summers and college, it seems you're handed all these volunteer opportunities, so many that you have to pass some up just to have time for the rest. But as an adult I've found that you truly have to seek out ways to serve and be helpful so this winter I put my researching pants on and found a couple of charities I hadn't helped out before. My list this year is:

Completed:
*Donate large items to the Humane Society (guinea pig cage, small animal supplies, large bale of pine shavings, two bags of tennis balls and dog toys)

*Donate items to the Corgi-Aid Auction. Keep your eyes peeled later this month! (bracelet, pins, bandannas, notecard set, post-it holder)

Incomplete:
*Arrange a Drop In & Decorate party at work. This is an awesome idea, get together with buds, decorate cookies and donate them! I've spoken with the local shelter and they would love to have our cookies. Our goal will be 100 fancy decorated sugar cookies. If this goes well, I think we'll do another for valentine's day or maybe Easter!

*I have arranged a craft group meeting at house and challenged everyone to create at least one blanket for Project Linus. Then I'll drop them off at headquarters which is just a few towns over. I finally have a reason to finish that zoo-themed printed quilt top I got at a garage sale!

*Angel Tree-I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of the Angel Tree at our bank so we can pick out our tags and SHOP!

That should just about do it! I'm a big planner. If I don't plan ahead of time, then I'm sure the whole service project thing would slip my mind so I've got my plan of attack!

3 comments:

  1. WOW--your to-do list for the season is impressive, Jenna! You put me to shame...I'm just getting started with holiday preparations--LOL! Happy Days :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenna, this is great! Thanks for helping to spread the word about Drop In & Decorate. Please let me know some details, so we can share this on The Perfect Pantry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, totally unrelated to your post but I just came over after you commented on my "Sicko" post and discovered that YOU HAVE A CORGI??!! I am soooo jealous. I'm hinting/begging for one (my sweetie is hesitant to add another dog to our family).

    I'd love to hear more about your experience with the breed!
    migrations06@yahoo.com

    kate

    ReplyDelete