Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Make a Blanket Day

Saturday I spent the whole day at our Project Linus Make a Blanket Day. I could not BELIEVE how many people were there! Nearly 200 ladies, with their sewing machines, irons, ironing boards, rotary cutters and mats, cutting, ironing and sewing away at quilts! We were set up in a very nice mall, we had a vacant store to set up our potluck lunch, which was HUGE and delish! There was an area for the quilt contest (called Boo-Boo Kids), an area for labeling of finished quilts, a quilt shop set up an area where you could win prizes for finishing a Lotsa Pops (PDF) block to be assembled with others' blocks into finished quilts, just so MUCH going on! There were knitters and crocheters working away and people cutting and tying fleece blankets too. I was very interested in the fleece blankets that had a crochet edge so I think that will be my next Linus Blanket goal. I got 20 blocks done for my string quilt. Now it's time to assemble!

My Project Linus in-progress quilts are:

Purple string quilt

Batman and Robin panel quilt

Puppies toddler-sized quilt

and now I need to find some fun fleece to add a crocheted edge to. :)

2 comments:

  1. Lotsa Pops quilt pattern is really very pretty - Wonder how hard it is to make the entire quilt?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great project, awesome that you are participating. :)

    ReplyDelete