Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Fundraising!

Taco was adopted from our local Humane Society so I decided we would participate in their annual fundraising event this spring.  In the past, it was called the Mutt Strutt but our community is getting fairly well known for our spring marathon so this year it was called the IL Muttathon.  It's basically a  group dog walk followed by activities like paw painting and agility obstacles and contests like the Peanut Butter Licking Contest.  Cute! 
Taco, are you all tuckered out from fundraising?
Taco and I set our fundraising goal at $200 and we made it!  I sold dog toys and treats.  And I participated in a research project at the University.  (That's kind of my go-to  for making extra pocket money, I am an excellent human research subject!)
Taco showing off his plastic bag boot.  He cut his foot (again!) and has to be booted up for a while.
But due to the dog flu, they have postponed it.  Bummer!  And even bigger bummer, the new date is the same date as an obedience trial I've already entered Taco and Dot in.  :(  But I'm happy we set our goal and made it and will be helping out the Humane Society. 
Taco shows our house guest, Cali,where the best sunbathing opportunities are.

No comments:

Post a Comment