The sweet DZDog Mom chose me as a recipient of the Liebster Award, along with a couple of other really cool dog bloggers. Thanks, DZDogmom!
By accepting this award we agree to answer 11 questions given to us by the blogger who nominated us, as well as list 11 random facts about us/our blog. We must then nominate 3-11 bloggers that have less than 3000 followers and provide 11 questions for them to answer.
Here are my answers to her questions:
1. What is your most memorable trip with your dogs? We used to take lots of road trips when we had Sully. Now, with two dogs, it's harder to take trips so we have yet to go anywhere with both. We WILL be going to the AKC Rally National Championship next month and we're taking both dogs (even though only Taco is competing). My favorite trip with Sully was to Colorado. We had such a relaxing time, we went to lots of fun places and it is really memorable!
2. If you could take your dogs anywhere in the world where would you go? I would love to do something outdoors with these two. I would either choose a beachfront rental so we could easily access a dog-friendly beach every day, have picnics, and relax. OR I would choose a cabin in the woods, maybe something like this! We could eat breakfast on the porch, take a hike and cook out!
3. What is is that attracted you to your dog's particular breed if anything? Brittanys are not a particularly popular breed around here, except for hunting. We don't have many of them at our dog training club but there was a girl with one in my 4-H dog training class about 8-10 years ago. I remembered the dog being SO FRIENDLY, easy going, so happy to be where ever it was. I tucked that away in the back of my brain "Someday, when I am looking for a dog that isn't a Corgi, I will get a Brittany" I said to myself. And we did! When we had to put Sully down, I just couldn't get another Corgi. We looked on petfinder at Corgis but I just couldn't picture a Corgi that wasn't Sully in our family yet. So Brittany it was!
4. What is your favorite pet product? Lately, it's Nature's Miracle. With the cat hacking up hairballs, Dot having urine accidents every once in a while, and guests dogs throwing up I have bottles and bottles of Nature's Miracle hanging around the house. Not a glamorous favorite product but useful.
5. Does your dog sleep with you? On their own bed? Crate? Kennel? Couch? Both dogs sleep in crates. This is not because they get into trouble, they are both trustworthy in the house and are left out at various times during the day. But crating at night gets them acclimated to crating which is handy for traveling, overnight vet stays and if they need to be boarded. As someone who cares for other people's pets, your pet sitter THANKS you heartily if your dog can sleep quietly in a crate when required! Nothing worse than getting NO SLEEP because your dog guests is used to sleeping in bed with mommy and daddy and won't stop whining and barking!
6. What is the purpose of your blog? And has it changed since you first began writing? I honestly don't know. At different times, I have used my blog for many things: keeping track of things like diet and exercise, hosting and participating in mail swaps, meeting new friends, keeping myself accountable for training goals, reporting exciting news, soliciting feedback on problems.
7. How would you describe your personality? I am an friendly, funny, anxious overthinker. I like interacting with others but it makes me nervous. Sometimes I just don't talk to people because I am too nervous or worried and I worry that sometimes people think I'm snobby. I want to help, LOVE to help, I will give my time and talents to just about anyone, any cause, any time! But sometimes I worry I am not doing enough because I haven't been asked and I can't help if I don't know I'm needed.
8. What is your favorite doggy game? This may not count as a game but I really just like a nice, relaxing walk. It is one of the most stress-free, enjoyable things I can imagine, walking a calm, easy going dog for miles and miles at a nice, quick pace. I don't like dawdling walks, I like walks that go someplace!
9. What is your number one talent that sets you apart from the rest of your "pack"? Ooh, goodness, that' is hard. I don't think I have a specific thing that I am really good at (like baking or writing) but what I excel at is perseverance. When I get something in my mind, I WILL do it. It might drive me crazy (anxiety) while I research how to go about it the right way. It might take me a while since I might have to learn a new skill to do it. But I will get it done!
10. What is your ultimate dream come true? This is going to sound really cliche but I would love to win the lottery, a really big one, so that instead of working I could volunteer full time. It's not that I don't enjoy my job, it's not bad as far as jobs go. But my dream come true would be to have complete control over every hour of my day, to be able to choose what to do and when to do it and not be dependent on trading hours of my life for money. Do I ever play the lottery? No, I don't like gambling! So maybe my dream should actually be for a money tree to sprout up in my backyard!
11. Does your dog have a favorite treat or toy? Dot really and truly loves starting at and chasing birds better than any toy or treat. We use running after birds as a reward when we are at obedience trials, once our run is through she gets to run outside immediately and take off after birds. Indoors, she will play with a variety of toys, especially when other dogs are involved. Taco love tennis balls and furry, fluffy tugs.
And 11 random facts about me:
1. I am a fiend for free stuff. I would much rather try and make a free piece of furniture work in my space than buy the perfect item. If the free stuff is craft supplies, I will hoard it, I may need it someday!
2. I have never set foot on a golf course.
3. My favorite flavor is chocolate and if given a choice I will always pick chocolate desserts. But some of the best desserts I've ever had were not chocolate! I only ate them because I didn't have a choice of chocolate. So sometimes I wonder, do I actually like chocolate the best!!? My absolute favorite cake on the planet is Princess Cake, which doesn't include chocolate!
4. I love to whistle, it reminds me of my dad.
5. I don't like getting gas or getting my car washed. They both seem to take WAY too long and are just an annoyance to me.
6. However, I look forward to things like Dr. visits and having my oil changed because of the unstructured wait time where I can read a book, crochet or peruse Facebook without thinking about other things I should be doing. I'm stuck there! (But not dentist appointments, that's just stressful.)
7. I am very frugal and I don't like to spend money on myself very much. (Hence the obsession with free stuff!) But I will spoil my dogs rotten!
8. When I get off work, the first thing I do is feed the dogs, then look at my to-do list for what I need to do that night. This list includes household chores, as well as any events like classes that evening AND routine stuff like shower, change shoes, brush your teeth. If these things are not written down, there is a good chance they won't get done. Is that completely sad?
9. I am getting back into Yoga after a couple of years off. My flexibility is no where near what it was previously. Am I getting old? Will I ever get back to where I was? More things to worry about!
10. Sometimes I wish my dogs were smaller so I could just pick them up and carry them.
11. I am a very slow reader. And I am a librarian.
I have chosen some great blogs to nominate! Check them out if you're looking some new reads.:
Dino-I chose Dino because we haven't heard from him in a while!
CorgiTales-Gotta have a Corgi blog on the list!
DogBird Daily -Another Corgi! And I've been keeping tabs on Peri's progress in Fenzi classes.
Dog Business -I love all the personal stories about dog health issues.
His Muddy Paw Prints-This girl is awesome and she reminds me so much of my 4-Hers!
Identity:V+E-She's got a new puppy! I'm not a puppy person but I love seeing updates of others working with their performance puppies!
Marciel's Dog Blog -Another Fenzi student!
MargeBlog-An agility blog that doesn't use too many big agility words that I don't understand!
Reactive Champion -As someone who knows the trials of reactive dogs, I LOVE following the developments on this blog.
Rollin' with Rubi-Another blog we haven't heard from recently!
My questions for them:
1. Tell us briefly about your very first dog.
2. Is there a dog product that you are fiercly brand-loyal to? (example, you ONLY feed one brand of food or you will ONLY buy one brand of leash even if there are many other available.)
3. Where do you train and what type of flooring do they have? (This question is a little selfish because I WANT new flooring at our facility and I%27m curious about what other places have!)
4. What dog venues do you compete in and why did you choose those?
5. What did you want to be when you grew up?/What do you want to be when you grow up?
6. What is the very first thing you train a dog when you bring them home?
7. If you could not longer have dogs but you could have any other animal in the world, what would it be? (Price is no object and someone else will clean up after this fictitious pet)
8. What time of day do you generally blog?
9. What is your favorite type of weather? Is it different from your dog’s favorite?
10.What is one thing that you have struggled the most to train your dog?
11. What is your favorite holiday?
Should you accept this award, you'll need to know the rules, which are:
1. Acknowledge and accept the Liebster Award by leaving a comment on the blog where you were nominated.
2. Copy & Paste the Liebster logo onto your own blog.
3. Link back to the blogger who awarded you.
4. Answer the 11 questions given to you.
5. List 11 facts about yourself.
6. Nominate and link to 3 - 11 other blogs you love that have less than 3000 followers.
7. List 11 questions for your Award nominees on your blog.
8. Inform your nominees by leaving a comment on your blog.
9. Post the rules to be followed!