Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Tasty Tuesday - Grandma Lucy makes more than biscuits!

Chewy again let us try out some tasty treats, this time it was Grandma Lucy's Freeze-Dried Tiny Tidbits Meatballs CheeseBurgers Dog Treats.  I am familiar with Grandma Lucy's oven baked treats, you might know them as the teddy bear-shaped dog cookies.  :)  But I didn't know they also make freeze dried treats.
See the adorable painting of Dot at the top?  (Not painted by me but totally captured her adorable pout.)
I used these as rewards for training during classes AND I used them as treats on tracks laid for Dot.  We have re-started tracking from the very beginning so she gets treats on the ground every couple of yards. These seemed to really get her interested, even more so than cheese so they must smell pretty great!

A nice thing about these freeze dried treats is that unlike other freeze dried items, these are ground meat mixed with a few other ingredients which seemed to make them way less crumbly.  They easily broke in half for smaller rewards but didn't turn to powder in my pocket or hand, which was great!

Disclosure: Chewy.com provided me with one package of treats to review.  I was not compensated in any other way and the opinions are all mine and the dogs.




No comments:

Post a Comment