Friday, October 19, 2012

Getting Along

Thanks to everyone for all the wishes and healing thoughts.  We are getting used to our quieter, slower-paced house and routine.  Stewart has been keeping us entertained.  I put the agility tunnel up in the living room and he took to it immediately.  I miss training just a little so I have started training him.  We've started with sit and he's almost got it.  He already comes when called and retrieves, he is very dog-like.
Here are a few belated pictures of things we've been doing to keep ourselves occupied.  We took a trip to Medieval Times with some buddies and enjoyed the show!   
We tried on silly Halloween costumes at Target.  I won't tell you what I'm going to be yet but I'll tell you, it's not going to be this.
And I went on a canoe trip and had a really good time with a HUGE group of college kids.  We didn't even capsize once!  (But we saw someone else flip when they got stuck on some rocks.)
 We really appreciate everyone's compassion and understanding, it is so comforting to know that so many people know just what it feels like to love a creature so much, just like a family member and extremely close friend.  And it's also comforting (and a little sad) to know that just as many people know what it's like to loose the close friend.  Thanks all.

No comments:

Post a Comment