Friday, July 13, 2012

Summer Vacation: Day 4

Tuesday's workout was a run through Coolidge Woods to a nearby park where I did a lower body circuit workout including baseball diamond sprint. FUN! Then I ran back home through the woods.
Breakfast when I got back was oats mixed with the other half of that coconut milk yogurt and some chia seeds, topped with raspberries, strawberries and almonds. And snow peas, baby carrots and watermelon on the side.
First stop-Maine! We went to the Portland Head Light and it rained on us! But it made for very scenic, windswept and overcast seas.
Portland is a fun town with lots of shopping and I got this neat handmade bowl with a thumb loop at Maine Potters Market. I love handmade pottery!
Lunch was at Silly's, an awesome place with TONS of vegan options. I have to give a shout-out to Mike for finding some GREAT places to eat. He always tries to plan ahead (if possible) and make sure they have something interesting for me, so sweet! It was such a cold and rainy day that I started off with their “Homegrown” loose tea blend. It was mainly mint, with coconut and pomegranate. Very tasty!
I had the Bio Diesel Wrap-mango & basil coleslaw, fried tofu, tomatoes, pickles, and warm vegan bbq sauce. It was SUPER good! And really messy. Mike had some pasta dish that was like spicy mac and cheese with sausage on top. He liked it.
On our way home, we stopped at Jim's Ice Cream for a treat! Mike's eating his triple scoop come with Mocha Carmela by the Sea, Chocolate Peanut Butter Swirl and Grapenut. I tasted the Grapenut ice cream, a flavor we knew to expect but were still shocked by how prevalent it is on the East Coast! To me it was meh, nothing to write home about. I had a double scoop cone with Candy Bar World and Chocolate Cookie Monster. Dinner was unremarkable calzones at this place in Natick. No picture. They were big, but not terribly great. The owner was nice and made me a whole wheat crust calzone even thought you're only supposed to be able to get a large pizza with that crust. But the end product (mine had caramelized onions, marinated artichoke, capers, fresh basil, goat cheese and kalamata olives on it) could have used WAY more toppings and was overpriced for what it was. I missed my fresh, bean-topped salad!

No comments:

Post a Comment