Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Summer Fitness Variety

I have decided to make the Summer Olympics my fitness theme for the season!  I am going to try and at least attempt every single olympic sport that I've never tried.  That statement is sort of a cop-out so that I don't have to try and arrange a horseback ride, basketball game or shot put opportunity.  As much as I would LOVE to try pole vaulting, I think that ship has sailed.  So here are the 2012 Olympics games, broken down by my expectations.

Games I've already attempted in the past (mostly in middle and high school):
  • archery
  • badminton
  • basketball
  • beach volleyball
  • equestrian
  • soccer / football
  • track and field
  • volleyball
 Games I plan on trying:
  • boxing
  • canoe / kayak (Already have a trip planned!)
  • cycling
  • diving
  • fencing
  • gymnastics
  • handball
  • rowing (will have to be using a machine at gym)
  • sailing
  • shooting
  • swimming
  • table tennis
  • tennis
  • triathlon (Already signed up for the mini-tri here in town!)
  • weightlifting
 Games I'm having a hard time coming up with options for:
  • field hockey
  • judo
  • modern pentathlon
  •  wrestling
  • synchronized swimming
  • tennis
  • water polo
  • wrestling
Not Olympic sports but I will also be trying out:
  •  Rock climbing (Thanks to Mike who always catches online deals before the run out, I got a rock climbing 101 class for half off!)
  •  Hula Hooping (With any luck, I'll get to take a class on our vacation out East!)
  •  Hot Yoga  (Ditto, Massachusetts is FULL of hot yoga!)
  • Ballet (I started a more intense summer class yesterday and yikes!  I don't want to be one of those people who are sore from a little ballet because I'm relatively fit and active but MAN, my inner thighs and hips are so sore!  Love it!) 
  • Hiking/trail running
Anything else I should add to my list?  I want to try Paddleboarding, but the closest place right now is Chicago.  What's on your list this summer?

1 comment:

  1. Seeing as you have it on your list twice, I will volunteer to wrestle you. :)