Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Town and Country Art Show

Surprise!  One of my pieces for awarded a blue ribbon!  The reception and critique is on Saturday, I'm so excited to hear the comments on mine and other winners.   And I get to advance on to the state Town and Country Art Show!
This was one of my favorite pieces in the show.  It's a ceramic sculpture and my first thought was how nice it would look in the garden!  Note that this piece was awarded a red ribbon.  That doesn't mean that mine was first and this one second, this show awards blue and red ribbons based on merit with no quota for the number of ribbons they give out.  I didn't count but it seemed like about 1 in every 8-10 pieces had a ribbon.
Here's my other felt piece.  It didn't get a ribbon but it was quite nicely displayed on this pedestal on a stand all to itself.
And my table runner looked pretty cute flanked by these mobiles!  I enjoyed looking over all the art in the show, some was really fantastic, especially some of the drawings and paintings by kids.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on your award!!!! All three of your pieces are awesome--I'm sure even more so in person.

    ReplyDelete