Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Bathing suit pics. Of me!

Ok, I'm being brave here! I bought a 2 piece bathing suit and I am posting pictures! It was one of my bucket list items: wear a bikini. Ok, so yes, this is a VERY modest tankini, but still 2 pieces!
And now for the really brave picture. This is from 2002, I probably weigh around 230 pounds in this picture. And the suit is horrendous but I seriously didn't think I deserved anything better and actually wore this skirted wonder to the pool.This picture was taken around the time I started working out at the gym. I had Mike take this picture as a before shot to put on the fridge for motivation. I found it when I was going through old pictures looking for some to add to a timeline post about my weight loss. I'm still working on that post, like most weight-loss stories it's a long and complicated story with ups and downs. It doesn't help that I have the memory of a goldfish but looking at old pictures like this one helped jog my memory a bit.

6 comments:

  1. You are brave and you look terrific! You are an inspiration to me, and I will aim for a modest two piece suit too. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray for you! BTW--you look younger in the "newer" picture as well! Way to stay motivated and healthy! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I met you already well into your transformation. I had no idea it was so drastic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go, Jenna! I really admire your journey! I love to see your posts AND what you are pinning! Wish I could brave the vegan diet. HELLO, ny name is Kelly and I am a carnavour. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. you look wonderful and are one crazy gal to post a photo in a swimsuit! keep it going!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! You look fabulous. Well done!

    ReplyDelete