Monday, March 12, 2012

Protein Powder Review #6 Nutribiotic Rice Protein Powder

Nutribiotic Rice Protein-This brand is, for the most part, unsweetened. The chocolate is sweetened with rice syrup. I enjoyed these in baked goods and no-bake bites but NOT for drinking, they were too chalky.

Calories per heaping Tablespoon:60
Protein per heaping Tablespoon: 12g
Carbs per heaping Tablespoon: 2g

Chocolate- This was darn tasty! It made my protein mug cake a little crumbly instead of it's normally chewy texture. Good, light chocolate flavor and I liked how it wasn't overly sweet.
Vanilla-Good, natural vanilla flavor, but this was SUPER chalky in an orange-vanilla smoothie (an orange, protein powder, cottage cheese, water and ice).
Plain-Mildly chalky, but I used it in a no-bake oatmeal protein cookie and it was passable. About as flavorless as protein comes.
Organic Vanilla-I made protein balls (Protein powder, peanut butter, shredded unsweetened coconut, raisins and pinch of cinnamon) with this one and they were delicious! I may just be a rice protein aficionado for recipes and baking (but NOT for drinking straight up or in smoothies)! I loved the flavors, the vanilla was so subdued and NOT overly sweet or fake-tasting.

$14.97 for 40 servings=$0.37 per serving or 3 cents per gram of protein

Overall Rating: Mix (7 out of 10) This is a great vegan option for protein powder, fairly low carb and with great natural ingredients. I wouldn't drink it straight-up and it even made my smoothie a bit chalky but in recipes it is a nice source of protein.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the review! I am always looking for a good protein powder.

    ReplyDelete