Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Garden starts

It seems a little early to be staring seedlings but it's just so green outside!My peppers didn't ever really get a very good start last year so I started them a little earlier this year, then the eggplant and tomatoes followed this past weekend.

Seeds started so far:
Pepper-Serrano
Pepper-Las Cruces
Pepper-Green Bell
Pepper-Grand Bell

Eggplant-Little Fingers

Tomato-Beefsteak
Tomato-Chocolate Cherry
Tomato-Big Rainbow

Next will be a few annual herbs, broccoli and brussels sprouts.

4 comments:

  1. I had terrible luck with bell peppers last year, and I think it was because I started them too late. My kids are excited to see their seedlings come up. Good luck with yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great start to your growing season! It is wonderful to get things started!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice assortment of plants you will have--well done! I love the corgi "pants"--so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes to the peppers- I started them extra early last year and waited to put them out until it was REALLY warm (plus kept them covered most of the season!) and I had a really good harvest.

    Alas, this year I've not gotten them planted, so I'm probably going to have to buy them. :-(

    Look forward to seeing your updates at the TGP!

    ReplyDelete