Friday, March 23, 2012

Friday Tidbits

Random list, everyone's favorite post type!

1. I'm feeling a little out of the loop about Hunger Games. It seems EVERYONE but me has read the book and is super jazzed about the movie. Until this morning, I thought it was a new tv show that was starting up.

2. First 5K of the year for me this weekend! Penguin in the Park which I did in 2010 and 2011. It's a really fun race and who doesn't love a 5K that gives you a medal?!

3. Just for fun, I thought I'd show you my old company directory photo and my new one:


4. A new experiment for April! The last half of March I am transitioning to a vegan diet, based on Eat to Live. Yes, I saw the infomercial-like show in PBS. Yes, I must try out every single fad I come across! So, say goodbye to the whey protein powder, 6 eggs a day and mass dairy consumption of Body for Life and say hello to green smoothies, huge salads and lots of beans and fruit! Oh, I am loving the fruit!!

And with that, I'll end with a question. What's your favorite fruit? I really and truly love a good tart, crisp apple. I think I could eat 2 a day for the rest of my life!

3 comments:

  1. i love a crisp, tart apple too! granny smiths rock. i also love me some minneolas, nectarines, pineapple (great in smoothies!) and blackberries. you might want to check out my friend Dacia's blog. she's a vegan too - www.thirtythreeandcounting.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, you know more about the Hunger Games than I do! I love all fruit. I like watermelon most probably, because of memories of summer, and I love strawberries, but I eat more apples than anything. Good luck with the vegan diet! I couldn't manage it!

    ReplyDelete