Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Protein Powder Review #3-SEI Max Protein

This year, I've started a series of Protein Powder and Protein Bar reviews. These are in no order, just whatever I pick to write about. Protein powder/bar choice is SUCH a matter of personal taste. But I LOVE reading other people's reviews of them, and they give me great ideas for new flavors and brands to try. So I wanted to put my thoughts out there! (Nutritionals are for the first flavor listed, they might differ slightly for the various flavors of each brand but are generally about the same across the product line.)

SEI Max Protein-This is what I would call a more mainstream protein powder. It is sweetened with sucralose, has a protein blend of whey concentrate and isolate and has both natural and artificial flavors. You'd think I wouldn't like it. But they market it as the "best tasting protein in the world" and I might just have to agree! Does the awesome taste make up for the fact that it's sucralose-sweetened and contains some artificial stuff? I've been rotating it in on a limited basis and I don't think it's one I'd buy regularly but it IS super tasty.

Calories per scoop:126
Protein per scoop: 22g
Carbs per scoop: 5g

Chocolate-This stuff tastes really good. It's great in its own, in a protein cookie, cake or any other recipes you can dream up. The chocolate taste is genuine, not overly sweet and with no weird aftertastes. It's got a good amount of protein, fairly low carb and the ingredient list, if not completely ideal, is at least relatively short.

$59.99 for 41.5 servings=$1.45 per serving or around 7 cents per gram of protein

Overall Rating: Mix (7 out of 10) This tastes awesome, and it's fairly low priced but I wish it had a little more clean ingredient list.

No comments:

Post a Comment