Thursday, February 23, 2012

Make a Blanket Day

So, Make a Blanket Day was a huge success, as always! Here I am with my quilt hanging up at the event.The theme, as I said, was Round and Round so there were a LOT of circles! Here are some other quilts that were displayed at the event. This one has Peanuts fabrics.
This one is made from the same pattern as mine! The fabrics have a distinctively boy theme, cars, trucks, tools and such.
This one is a fun Eye Spy type quilt with a variety of different fun fabrics.
This one is also sort of an Eye Spy-type quilt.
This one has fussy-cut Linuses on it!
This one is also made from the same pattern as mine but it has been washed to fray the raw edges. I didn't think we were supposed to wash the quilts before donating because children might be allergic to the detergent but maybe that's not the case.
I can't remember which prize, but this one won something. I loved the color scheme!
We usually have a group project at Make a Blanket Day, and it's usually a paper-pieced block that we all can make as many of as we want. But this year we got a donation of a TON of these stuffed bunnies. So we made small blankets, sewed them to the bunnies and they will be given out this spring in lieu of larger blankets. I made two, one for a girl
and one for a boy.
In case you're sort of lost, Make a Blanket Day is the major fundraiser for our local Project Linus chapter. Project Linus's mission is to provide love, a sense of security, warmth and comfort to children who are seriously ill, traumatized, or otherwise in need through the gifts of new, handmade blankets and afghans, lovingly created by volunteer “blanketeers.”


  1. These are all really beautiful!! Quilts are always so wonderful!!

  2. I don't have your email address so I'm contacting you here. You won the Lean Dessert contest:

    Email me your name, address, phone, and the 2 flavors you want.

    Congrats!!! :-)

  3. These quilts are all beautiful! I remember I went through a faze where I really wanted to make a quilt! I'm impressed that you actually did!

  4. You are not only talented but you must have a lot of patience. I've always wanted to make a quilt but then I think about the hours involved. Your quilt is very beautiful. Lovely seeing it hanging up to be admired.