Thursday, November 17, 2011

Little Thing #44

In grade school I did NOT enjoy being tall. I wanted to be a "normal" height, I would have even settled for shorter than average because short people can blend into a crowd. A tall girl sticks out like a sore thumb. A fat, tall girl gets more than her fair share of negative attention. Most of the time I just wanted to be left alone, so I hunched or sat or stayed to the back.

But now I LOVE my long legs! I would say it was in high school that I started to see the advantages of being taller. It's easier to disguise extra weight when you've got a longer frame to carry it. It's great to be able to reach things on high shelves. In gym you can fake being active more easily because you don't actually have to move as much to keep up with shorter people.

Nowadays, I like how athletic I can be with my long legs. (I love it when Dan calls us Athletes in Body Attack, it's something I never thought of myself as but can almost see it now.) And they don't look too bad in a skirt! But I do have trouble buying pants. I'm fortunate for my tall genes and that I drank my milk as a kid!

No comments:

Post a Comment