Monday, November 7, 2011

Little Thing #34

Yoga can be a real workout, hot and sweaty, working all your muscles and making you breath hard and really stretch yourself. But the other night, yoga was just what I needed it to be, an exercise for my brain. It was so relaxing and I was able to clear my mind and focus on being present and putting thoughts to the side. Sometimes I have trouble with racing thoughts and it really helps when our instructors make suggestions during practice about how to move past that. Joelle uses her calm voice to suggest that if you're troubled with thoughts, just put them aside and don't worry, they'll be waiting for you later. Steve uses the mental image of a veil or curtain in your mind that you draw across those thoughts, they're still there but out of view so that you can focus on other things. I'm so thankful for these teachers and their instruction!

1 comment:

  1. Jenna: While I don't do Yoga, seems it helps many, glad you mentioned it. I wanted to thank you for the Wreath pattern which I made from your instructions many years ago (Xmas 2007) and just to let you know I have mentioned this pine cone ornament and tutorial I found again! I made so many in 2007 but lost them and my computer as well so that meant your blog too. Now that I have found you again I wanted to share your wonderful blog with others, and so today your mentioned in my blog post. THANK YOU so very much.

    ReplyDelete