Sunday, October 16, 2011

Little Thing #11

Today I got that "special day" feeling. Some days I wake up, take the dog out into the yard and I'm hit with the feeling that today is a special day. The moon hits the bushes with a special glittering (yes, the sun isn't up yet when I get up). Sounds are especially clear and soothing. I'm reminded of years ago, waking early to prepare for a horse show. Or my muggy, moonlit morning runs of last year's Disney vacation. And even though today isn't particularly important, it feels like I have places to be or things to do that are exciting and this one calm moment in the morning moonlight is my sanctuary! Does this ever happen to you? Maybe it's just me, it only happens every once in a while but it's nice when it does, when the world takes on a special glow and hum and your normal surroundings seem new and special like a vacation retreat or Christmas morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment