Monday, August 8, 2011

Eating the Garden

This year I was to try and document the use of all my garden produce. Well, so much for ALL of it, I've eaten a lot and not taken pictures. But here are some that I've managed to remember to snap. But where are all the pictures of the many salads I've eaten?! A stir-fry of veggies, including this mutant squash!
They were completely fused!
Tofu and vegetable stir-fry and a pretty cucumber and tomato salad.
Zucchini fritters (basically just egg whites and shredded zucchini, seasoned with black pepper and salt-free cajun seasoning) with feta cheese crumbles on top.
These are the overwintered carrots along with kohlrabi greens. I needed to thin the kohlrabi and couldn't bear to dump the big handful of greens in the compost so I washed them up and ate them. First I tried sauteed with garlic and they were a bit chewy. They are much better steamed!

No comments:

Post a Comment