Friday, July 1, 2011

My ultimate home gym!

I love seeing people's home gym set-ups. And I've shown you mine before when it went from this to this. But it's gone another step to becoming the ultimate basement fitness center and I think it might almost be complete!

But first, we'll start the tour where workouts start, my table and chalkboard. This is where I keep my workout plans, where I put my clipboard, Gymboss, watch, lifting gloves and water bottle. I also keep some weights and kettlebell over here.This is the floor area, where I keep my bar for squats and such, where I do any type of floor exercises and I usually keep my yoga ball in the corner but it's escaped in this photo!
One of the new additions!!! My new weight bench that I got off craigslist for $25. That's right, complete with bar, weights and 2 dumbbell bars! I need a few more plates but for now this is getting the job done.
And the second big addition, also from craigslist! Our new tv! Now I have my choice of watching squirrels outside OR watching the news.
There is one more new addition that I forgot to take a picture of. It's not in the basement, because my basement has no doorways. My pull-up bar is upstairs in a doorway. We'll round out our tour with a picture of the staircase, because I actually do quite a few exercises on the stairs! You can also see where I hang my resistance bands and keep my yoga blocks. And used to use that table as my bench, back before I got my super-bargain!
Here's the whole room. Do you have any suggestions? I'd love to add a horizontal stripe to that orange wall and I feel like I could better utilize that pegboard wall for more storage than just one resistance band and my ball pump. But I can't really think of what to hang there.

No comments:

Post a Comment