Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Herb garden and berries

My herb garden is looking quite lovely, thanks to that new ring of rocks and the ample rain this spring. This is the side that faces the house, the low stuff is over here. From left to right, thyme, basil, sage, parsley, golden oregano and the tall cilantro behind that. The pot has some dill but not much, I HATE when it takes over the garden.

Then the back side, left to right:chives, green onion, catnip, and walking onions.
Next to the herb garden, along the fence, are my berries. I've already picked a handful of raspberries (this is the first year for these, I planted them last summer) and it looks like we'll have a huge crop of blackberries just like last year!The weird thing is there doesn't seem to be a lot of new canes coming up for next year! I'll be sad if I have to prune these back to near nothing because there aren't very many new canes. The raspberries on the other hand are sending up canes left and right, everywhere within a 10 foot radius! The blackberries have never been much for sending out far-reaching runners but they have always at least sent up replacements for the old, spent canes!

1 comment: