Tuesday, July 26, 2011

2011 County Fair

This year's fair is in full swing and all the crafts have been judged! I'll start off with the best! My doily for this year won 1st place Crochet Tablecloth or Table Dressing and went on to win Champion Crochet Project! The judge's comments were on how even the tension was, the good use of variegated yarn and how well blocked it was. After years of completing a doily every year, I must have learned enough to get all the steps right! This is my VERY FIRST Champion in the open division so this is pretty special.
My other crochet projects included 4th place in Any Other Crochet Item with this ring toy.Bothoth 3rd place Crochet Wearable Item purple (purple baby sweater) and 4th place Crochet Wearable Item (green shawl).
And 3rd place Crochet Baby Afghan (the cream one with blue trim).
In quilted items I placed 4th in Large machine pieced and machine quilted with my Play Ball quilt (far right).
3rd place in Wall Hanging, Table Runner or Mini Quilt with the table runner on the far right
And got 4th place Any Other Quilted Item (large or small) with my brown and blue pillowcase (far right)
My nautical Santa got 1st place Holiday Ornament.
I got a 2nd place Throw or Pillow with my crochet-edged fleece throw that I learned to do at Make-A-Blanket-Day!
The judges liked my card basket made from old Christmas cards and gave it 1st place Item Made From Recycled Materials.

But so that you don't think I stole the show, I also took 9 items that failed to place at all, including my plastic canvas turkey, painted glitter holiday house, framed cross stitch picture, and cake postcard. It's a lot of skill but it's also a gamble when you exhibit at the fair. You have to guess at what the judges will like and what else will be there.

3 comments:

  1. hey! you won my nunaturals giveaway a couple weeks ago and i haven't gotten your info yet! if you still want the goodies shoot me an e-mail (hoodsxup@hotmail.com) with your shipping info :)
    p.s. congrats on all the wins!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is an incredible amount of work! And a lot of well-deserved wins! 20 items, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. excellent design!
    thanks a lot for sharing with us :)

    ReplyDelete