Sunday, April 10, 2011

Penguin in the Park 2011

Somehow the race photographer missed me again this year! So no triumphant happy, smiling nearing-the-finish-line photo of me from this race. But you can see me at the start! When I did make it to the finish line, I placed 240th out of 451 people!Due to a bit of a wardrobe quandary (wear gloves or no gloves?), I was running a bit behind schedule and by the time I got to the start I didn't want to butt into the front area so I got in back. So when the air horn sounded, I was stuck behind quite a few slower-moving people. In this first picture I'm stepping up the curb into the grass to cut around.I'm not afraid of running in the grass. In fact, I quite like it as long as it's not wet!Run, run, run in the grass! Uh, oh! Tree! Back onto the road. You can see here that I decided yes to the gloves! Good choice!Still behind people, what's up with that?!Eyes closed, jamming out to The Ting Tings.

No comments:

Post a Comment