Tuesday, April 19, 2011

March/April Highlights

What have I been up to? I'll tell you in reverse chronological order!

Last week we both took vacation time to visit Wisconsin relatives! Here's my strong man, at the Houdini exhibit at the Appleton History Museum. (Wearing a Hulk shirt, very appropriate!Before that, I volunteered at a wonderful event that helps people make teddy bears using the clothing from a lost loved one. This was my second time helping out and it is such a great experience. My first time, I was a little nervous and wasn't sure I'd want to do it again, but after we were finished I knew I'd go back! Here are two of the bears I helped make, the clothing was from a young girl who passed away in an accident and her sweet older brothers were making bears to keep and one to surprise their dad with.
Before THAT, I participated in this year's Edible Books Festival! I made a spiced plum cake and frosted it to match the cover of On the Banks of Plum Creek. I called it On the Banks of Plum Cake.I didn't win anything but there were so many fantastic-looking entries! It was fun to go see them and taste them! See them all here.And before THAT, I participated in a yarn bombing for a downtown arts festival. We all made 8"x12" blocks and then they were displayed on the fence which surrounds a pit where a building burnt down. I made two crochet blocks and forgot to take pictures of them! But here are just a few.

1 comment:

  1. I drove past that last pic downtown the other day and was trying to figure out what it was....