Thursday, March 3, 2011

Overeating, running and knitting

I've been doing some deep thinking about my food choices and how I am addicted to food and more specifically sweets. I've decided to take a page from the Overeaters Anonymous book and start using an eating plan. That's just a pre-written meal plan that you stick to. It takes the thought out of choosing each and every meal, and it helps clear all the food thoughts from my mind throughout the day. I already know what I'm going to eat, whatever is on my plan, so I don't think about food 40 times an hour. So far, so good! Writing the plan isn't my most favorite thing, but if it helps keep me from eating 20 cookies in the evening, I'll do it!

This week I officially started training for the 10K in April. After over 2 months off from running in to do the Female Body Breakthrough (which is going awesome and I will be continuing with it even as I train for the 10K because I'm enjoying it so much!), I'll be working toward running 6 miles at a time again. :)

This is the hat I just finished. It's the same as a green version I made year ago, except this one doesn't have tassels on the tips. I LOVE the big, chunky cables!

1 comment:

  1. Food is just all about making choices. Hope that book works out for you! Just make sure not to go into a fad diet like the ones in commercials and stuff. And of coarse, don't starve your self(you probably already don't want to do that.) I would pass out if I do 10K. I have asthma so I don't love running, but it's OK. Six miles? You've been working hard! Neat hat.