Saturday, April 2, 2011

Carrots


I've started prepping the garden, aerating and fertilizing, re-edging to keep the grass out and such. And I dug up the last of the overwintered carrots. I didn't think I had left very many because I did a big dig in October before the ground froze solid. But I dug up over 4 1/2 pounds! I made Baked Grated Carrots (a recipe from An Oregon Cottage, a blog I have really been enjoying lately!) and Cranberry Cashew Biryani from this cookbook which had a surprising amount of carrots in it! Hooray for gleaning! Which, as I learned from watching Lark Rise to Candleford, is also known as leasing (pronounced lee-zing).

1 comment:

  1. The baked grated carrots look interesting. I have never fixed them like that. Sounds really good though. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete