Thursday, February 10, 2011

Newest quilt

I started this quilt two weeks ago and finished it up this morning. I think that's a record for me! I started it when I realized that the Project Linus Make-A-Blanket-Day was coming up FAST and the deadline to get Boo-Boo Kids quilts in was this Saturday!! I had already signed up to do it again this year and wasn't about to shirk my duties. So I whipped up this Play Ball quilt. The green border (grass print) was the challenge fabric and the theme was Team Linus. I HATE sports, so this is as close as I'm getting to making a sports quilt. I call it "Backyard Ball at Twilight". It's supposed to be reminiscent of playing ball outside on a warm summer evening, it's just starting to get dark (there are lots of stars and moon fabrics used), mom is calling you in from the back door.

6 comments:

  1. What a cute quilt! Although when I saw it the first thing I thought was "Christmas Ornaments" -- so maybe it can have a dual purpose! :-)
    ~Angela~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely! Such a fast finish!

    I did have a very few evenings outside playng baseball with my brother (or rather, evenings where I avoided balls he was trying to hit at my head) on summer evenings ... nice memory :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful. I have always wanted to make a full size quilt but have only managed tiny things so far. I am envious.
    kind regards,
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow you're great! I don't even know how to make it=) Thanks for sharing maybe you can blog how to start or make like that. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey.....
    wow you're great! I don't even know how to make it=)

    ReplyDelete